Thursday, August 2, 2018

Optic-al Illusion

You don't see free group breaks very often, but Colbey from the Cardboard Collections blog offered up a couple of 2016 Donruss Optic boxes this past Saturday to the card world, asking only shipping costs be sent.

Very generous indeed.

I did quite well for myself in this break, getting most of the base team set....


There's a SP version of the Bautista showing the ever famous bat flip which I'd like to find.


I thought that the Diamond King card of Josh Donaldson was an insert; turns out it is part of the base set.   I wound up with 3 of those, along with the Power Alley insert featuring Joey Bats.


Love the purple parallels, and I guess I was lucky enough to get 4 of them (2 of them were Josh Donaldson). 


Last but certainly not least was the Aqua parallel of Jose Bautista, numbered 53/299.  Colbey pulled quite a few of the numbered parallels out of the 2 boxes, and I was happy to get one for myself!

I will say this, a lot of online sellers can learn a lot from Colbey.   27 envelopes went in the mail first thing on Monday morning after a weekend break, which is quite incredible. 

I'm still waiting on a Sportlots package I ordered on the 19th...but that's a story for another day.

Thank you for the break Colbey!!  The cards are really appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. The aquas are very cool. Congrats on hitting one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That aqua parallel is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the kind words. I enjoy doing these sort of things so it's really a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete