Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Inbound and Down #46: Bean's Baseball Card Blog

This might be something worth noting on this blog.   This is the first package that I can think of in a very long time that did not contain one single Blue Jay card.  Yep, that's right.   No Blue Jays whatsoever. 

I've been buying random cards here and there on Twitter that fit into my collection (that's a pretty wide open statement, more on that in another post) such as Maple Leafs cards, players in my personal collections, stuff like that.

When I saw Kin from Bean's Baseball Card Blog starting to sell, I figured that there might be a chance of seeing some hockey cards that I needed.


I don't normally spend $5 on a card on twitter, but when Kin popped out that Auston Matthews SP from last year's OPC set, I had to jump on it.   Auston Matthews cards are not going to get any cheaper over time, so finding any at a reasonable price now means pulling out the wallet.  The Mats Sundin card was $3 and I believe is the 3rd jersey card for his PC that I own.  


As you can plainly see, the young guns were 50 cents apiece.  None of these 3 players are part of the Leafs organization now. 


Shane Harper managed 14 games with the Panthers 2 seasons ago.  He is now playing in the KHL with Lada Togliatti.    Kyle Rau is also no longer with the Panthers, as he signed a free agent contract with the Minnesota Wild last year.

Any SPs from the UD base set that you can get for 50 cents apiece can't be left there.


Kin was gracious enough to send a few extra PC cards my way.  Unfortunately all 3 of these I have, but the Sakic appears to have more gloss on it than the original that I have (still need to check) so I'm wondering if there is a variation of the card that isn't listed.

If anyone has the Green and Red versions of the Sundin Starquest on the left, I need them, please let me know if something can be traded your way...


Finally, a couple of new Ichiro's to add to the collection.  I have maybe 1 or 2 cards from 2018 of him, so the Opening Day was a nice add to the envelope.   I remembered that Victory was a set from the early 2000's, so I knew that the True Gamers card was something from early in Ichiro's North American career.  Turns out that there are 4 cards of him in the base set, and one of them (at least) has 3 parallels. 

Thank you for the great cards Kin, they really are appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Glad they made it, thanks for the purchase. Glad that two of the throw ins were needed!

    -kin
    Beansballcardblog.com

    ReplyDelete