Friday, November 7, 2014

Singles

This has been a good week for marking cards off of want lists for me.   This was helped along today by the generosity of Tom from the Waiting til' next year blog, who sent me a PWE with 2 cards that hit two different want lists.


I don't think that I've seen any of the "new" Donruss Elite cards until now, but I like what I see.  The card actually didn't scan really well, as the Elite cards have a similar effect to what you see with the Xfractors in Topps cards, only without the X.

It also doesn't hurt that the card is of Roberto Alomar.  Another Blue Jay onto the spreadsheet.

Serial number 1381

This card has to be a double.  For Tom to send a Cub my way, it had to be expendable.  Craig Monroe's 2007 Topps gold card brings the SNI set to 1259 out of 1500, and the Cubs now have 45 out of the 50 cards needed for their "team set". 

Tom mentioned on his note that he liked it better when I needed a lot of cards, because now the serial numbered cards that he's pulling are already off of the want list.

Maybe I should start over?

Hmm.....I don't think that's going to happen.

Tom, thanks for the envelope, it is appreciated!!!

thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Woo-Hoo! I went two-for-two!
    I wasn't a big fan of Donruss' design of the base set, but I can really get behind the The Elite Series. Glad you liked it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I'm always disappointed now when I come across a serial-numbered card that you've already got. It's been too long since I've contributed to the cause!

    ReplyDelete