Saturday, August 19, 2023

The first part of the madness

Over the past couple of weeks, including last weeks manic run, I hit up a dozen trades on the TCDB site.  Don't know why, but apparently when I'm in the mood to trade, it just comes flowing out.  I actually mailed out 6 trades in one day; I had to carry them all on a walk to the post office in a Barnes and Noble book bag (there were 2 bubble mailers).  

I made a trade with Richard, 5 for 5.  It came from Canada in less than 2 weeks, which has been the norm lately.  

Another John Olerud card starts the trade off:



Don't know if I've ever seen or picked up an Oh Henry release from 1995, but this card was very light and the picture looks as if it was added to the card after production.  If you look at the card at a different angle. it almost looks as if it is photoshopped.  Card #335 for the Olerud collection is in hand, just 28 more and I'll have the same total as his 1993 batting average....


A pair of 2014 A&G needs knocked off the list.  More Blue Jays no less!  Both of them are now part of the Blue Jays Level of Excellence after Bautista was added to the group last weekend.  Coming along slowly, this set still isn't 60% done.  Not getting a whole lot of trade offers with cards from the set as part of them.


Two more to finish it off, Andrew McCutchen's base card from the 2017 Bunt set, and a rarely seen on this blog a 2007-08 OPC Card featuring Chuck Kobasew of the Bruins.  Still 90 something to go from this set, which has been in the works since I bought packs of it back when it was released in 2007.  No big hurry.  

Thank you for the trade Richard.  Part of the reason that the writing fire has been rekindled a bit in me the last few days.  

Robert

4 comments:

  1. I've mentioned before 2014 is the last A&G set I completed and sometimes I think of off-loading it because it doesn't seem to fit into the 2008-13 high-water mark for me. So if you see a surprise package at some point in the future, you now know what's in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen that Olerud before. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw some highlights of that Bautista Level of Excellence ceremony since the Cubs were playing the Blue Jays that day. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete