Monday, August 21, 2023

Starting from scratch

Most of the focus lately on the blog has been vintage.  Vintage football here, vintage baseball there, and maybe an old hockey card or two shows up once in a while.

Most of the newer stuff has been pushed to the side for the most part, until I decided to start grabbing a few Allen & Ginter cards to try and finish off the 2013 set.  

Then, I thought to myself "I haven't even looked at the 2022 A&G set at all".  So I looked around on eBay a bit, and decided it was time to get the set started.  But I've been putting a lot of money down on Sportlots, COMC, and some other vintage eBay purchases.   Need to cut back on card expenditures a little.

So I decided not to buy any packs, no single card purchases of any kind for this set.  I'm going to do it the hard way. 

Start from scratch.  See if I can trade for the whole thing.  350 cards to go.  I also liked one of the insert sets I came upon and decided I'll go after that 50 card set...


I really like the look of these, and no doubt it's full of star names so none of the cards should be hard to find.  I traded for these from fellow TCDB user Charles for some 2016 A&G inserts, 5 for 5.  

The last insert I went after was the Baseball Equipment for the Ages from the 2018 set, and I still have it near by and I do look at it from time to time.  

I'm also going to try and keep posting as I get these inbound.  You know, try and keep this little run of posting I've been on going.  

0 for 350 on the base, 5 for 50 on the inserts.   Stick around, hopefully we can have some fun with this.

Robert

6 comments:

  1. This scan leads me to believe these would look cool as die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit me up (qaplagca at yahoo) I've got a lot of extras of A&G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of trades coming in with some '22 A&G, once those are done, i'll follow up

      Delete
  3. I would imagine that a number of bloggers will be able to help you with this. There certainly were enough people doing posts about this set back when it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe blasters of this stuff have been popping up at Walmart for a discounted price ($17), in the event you get weak in the knees and want to open something.

    ReplyDelete