Wednesday, October 12, 2022

The I's have it

I've been in Florida since 2015 now, moved into my house in 2016.   In those years, I've been fortunate to have had to really worry about 2 hurricanes.

Irma in 2017, which caused some localized flooding and a lot of downed trees and power lines in my area, but nothing super serious that we couldn't deal with.  We cut down our coconut tree this summer as it had quite the lean to it, and we're thankful that we did.

In 2022, Ian moved a little to the left of Irma's track.  But boy what a punch.  My wife and I?  We were very lucky indeed, as we live only 90 miles from Ft. Myers Beach which was absolutely devastated.  

 

There were a couple of you out there who checked in on me while the storm was coming/going through the state, I thank you for that.  Made me feel good to know that I've made a few good friends in the card world!

The cards I'm showing off on this post I've had on the desk for about 2 weeks now (give or take a couple of days), but the absolute fatigue of helping out on the phones for my colleagues in the northern part of the state made thinking about posting a bit of a chore.  


But now that I'm up and running again, both on the home front, and in the card trading world (a couple of posts to come on that front), it's good to get some more vintage out there on the blog for the folks to see.



After several months away, I decided to get the TCDB trades going again.  I turned on trading as of September the 24th and already I have 2 completed and 5 on the go.  One of the 5 is actually a purchase which I rarely do on the site, but it is for a group of '69 Topps baseball which I'm working towards a state where I only need big name cards.  I'll be sure to show off the lot of 14 when they arrive in the next few days.

All I can say is if Idalia hits in 2023, it might be time to rethink the Florida retirement plan.

Robert

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it through ok. Was definitely one of the scarier storms I remember hitting Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it safely through the hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Florida keeps looking more and more promising to me, hurricanes and all. I'm even gonna try to go there for the first time next year.

    P.S. I'm very glad to hear that you and your wife made it through the storm unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy you guys made it through alright. Hopefully you weren't stressing out about the safety of the collection too much!

    ReplyDelete