Friday, October 14, 2022

Just for the Hull of it

One card post time here on the blog tonight.  I recently received my latest order from the Battersbox seller on eBay and the one card that I bought on a bit of a whim was this one:


I'm still in the $1-$2 range when purchasing cards online for the most part, but when grabbing a few baseball/football vintage commons from one of my favorite sellers, this card caught my eye.

The price?  $10.50.   The listing said this card was "G/VG" so I figured why not take a chance.  I needed it for the 71/72 OPC set I'm still working on, and I'm never going to find a copy for this cheap again, so I put it in the cart.

You can't see it in the scan, but there's a crease running from the bottom center of the card through the Black Hawks logo forehead on the lower right.  There are a couple of soft corners in the top right and bottom left, and right above the "K" is a near pin hole.  (it looks like a dot in the blue border)


My big stickler as far as condition goes is on the back.  No Paper Loss.  A lot of people used to tape or glue cards onto paper or into scrapbooks, so seeing the back almost neat as a pin made me smile.

Good enough for me.  Don't think I'll chase an upgrade anytime soon.   Just 69 cards remain in this set.

More cards to come from this purchase, but I felt this one deserved its own post.

Robert

2 comments: