Saturday, October 22, 2022

Flexing your muscles on the beech

It's good to be back.   Back collecting more.  Back posting more.  Back buying more.  Case in point was a recent transaction on the TCDB website that I started with a seller who had some '69s on my want list.  A bit of back and forth about the price and the cards available and I wound up with 14 more cards knocked off my '69 Topps set.



I am kind of leery about approaching folks on sites trying to buy cards.  You never know what you might end up with.  But I took a look at "musclebeech" 's feedback which is a clean 100% and saw some good reviews, so I took a shot.   Like I mentioned, things went very smoothly, I was provided with a tracking number on a Monday and my cards were here a few days later.   Perfecto.



I still have some distance to travel before this set is done, 174 cards to be exact, but it has been nice lately to start knocking off some card #'s that are in the 500's from the want list.  I didn't pick up any major stars out of this group, but you may recall some of the names if you're older or you've collected vintage sets in the past.  



I've been having some fun gathering the '69T set over the past few months.  At the beginning of 2022 it was probably the furthest thing from my mind, now I'm almost 3/4 done and looking forward to getting even closer before the end of the year.  

More trades to come, it's almost as if I haven't been away.


Robert

4 comments:

  1. Nice pick-ups. I started working 69 myself this summer. some guy named Reggie is going to make it scary complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've seen so far, the Reggie isn't quite as scary as the Mantle or the Ryan cards. We shall see. Good luck on the '69 build!

      Delete
  2. I've transacted with musclebeech before. Could've saved yourself some time and just asked me about him. ... I need to get back on adding more '69s, I just have too many other interests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are back. I'm slowly working my way back into the hobby. Right now the focus is reading blogs on as often as my schedule allows and occasionally adding a card or two.

    ReplyDelete