Saturday, January 29, 2022

Didn't mean to be doing once a week posts

My wife encouraged me to get back posting on the blog again a few weeks ago.  She knows that I enjoy the hobby and talking about it whenever I can.  But when I started up again 3 weeks back, I wanted to try and write more than once a week but getting sick and having my brother-in-law and his wife come for a visit kind of kicked the writing plan to the back burner.  

Lack of new cards into the collection certainly wasn't the reason...

This trade with Marc (TCDB ID:  Save Da Kid) has been on the completed list for over a week, and when it was offered to me, I was quite surprised.


The majority of the inbound cards are in the 2 scans for this post (I didn't scan the pair of 82-83 OPC hockey cards).  

I wound up with 17 cards off of my '68 Topps want list, a welcome sight to say the least, and it's spurred me to start picking up some more '68s off of eBay over the past couple of weeks.  I'll be showing a few of those over the next few posts.


Most of the cards in the trade were of the VG or VGEX variety, which works for me especially since there are a few big names in the two scans.  I know that searching for higher grade copies of semi stars and stars can be a bit pricey, so these for the most part will do.  The Kaat isn't as cut off as the scan shows as well, and there are 2 or 3 that probably will be replaced over time.   But for now, knocking 17 cards off the want list was a welcome offer from Marc.

Now I'm hoping to get some more posts done this weekend so that Friday's only on the blog doesn't become a thing.

Still enjoying the hobby!

Robert


3 comments:

  1. I haven't really traded vintage on TCDB at all. Does it differ at all from current cards with the type of collectors you deal with or does it making trading tougher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trading for vintage from what I've usually encountered is tougher. Understandably, a lot of people are particular about the condition of vintage they are trading for, some of them go so far as to list condition requests on their profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a few people looking to trade for vintage on the site, but am always turned off when I see that they're looking for near mint cards, and yet all of their stuff to trade is in far less than near mint condition. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to try and engage with some of those folks.

    ReplyDelete