Saturday, February 20, 2021

3 out of the Next 10

So after a bit of a weather delay, I received my Sportlots box yesterday.   Lots of fun inside including cards from at least 15 different sets, which is something I probably should slim down a bit for my next order.

A good thing though, is that quite a few of those cards went towards the Next 10 sets that I'm working on and 3 of them in particular finished off a set that's been in progress for quite a long time.

Say goodbye to the want list for the 2008 Upper Deck X Diecut set!



I am glad to have this one off the list since the want list for it since I wrote the Next 10 post back in September has been fewer than 10 cards.  

The recent Sportlots order has also knocked off cards from several of the Next 10 want lists.  The Gypsy Queen green set is nearing the finish line, as is the 2017 Allen & Ginter set.  I managed to knock off cards off of all the remaining Next 10 want lists, which is a good thing. 

I'm also coming within sight of finishing sets like 2019 A&G, 1984-85 OPC hockey and 1986 Topps football.  Each of these 3 sets are now less than 100 cards from completion, with the latter two sets likely being a bit slower to complete as they have big name rookie cards that I'll have to hunt down.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I like X more and more.

    I've been bouncing between online card outlets lately. I need to get back to what's in my Sportlots cart soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be kinda cool to see this set laying in box. Congratulations on completing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like this is when Junior started to enter his Tony Gwynn phase :)

    ReplyDelete