Saturday, February 20, 2021

4 out of the Next 10

I would have written this one as the 3rd set completed earlier had my record keeping been accurate.  I'd been in single digits to complete the 2017 Allen & Ginter set for a while, having been on 6 to go since November.

With the Sportlots order came these 2 cards...



The Aaron Judge RC alone costing me $6, which I wound up considering reasonable considering the madness that is going on in the card world currently.  

I had 4 other cards on my TCDB "in transit" list, which I wondered whether I'd received them already but had neglected to remove them.   A quick check of the 2017 box for this set revealed that I had them, so the '17 set becomes the 5th Allen & Ginter set I've completed to go along with 2011, 2015, 2016 and 2018.

I've now finished the first 4 sets I had listed in the Next 10 post a few months ago; the remaining 6 sets are down to a combined 191 cards left on the want lists.  A lot less daunting task than I had previously imagined.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert


4 comments:

  1. Gotta love it when your set completion goals are moving in the right direction, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I don't think that's a Judge RC that I have. I'll have to go look.

    Keep up the good work on those sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it comes to building sets... you're an inspiration. You continue to plow through them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with the craziness, I'm kind of surprised to hear that a base rookie of his would still be selling for so much.

    ReplyDelete