Monday, February 8, 2021

Off the board a bit

 I've been cutting back a bit on cards, partly because of the insanity we're seeing on the secondary market, partly because I've wanted to get all the cards I have for trade listed on TCDB.  

Well, I managed to get 700 cards onto the TCDB site this weekend, a major accomplishment for this slacker.  Still have at least a 4 row monster box to get entered, but at least I've made progress.

This post is a bit of a digression for me.  I decided to support someone on twitter and it is isn't the usual suspects, or the type of card that I normally buy.

I follow Sue (@tiskasue) on Twitter and a couple of weeks ago she posted a few auctions on eBay.  Now for quite a long time, I've shied away from auctions as I normally get sniped at the end.  For some reason, I saw the card below and decided to give this auction a go.  I was happy when I won and even happier when the card arrived today after taking an extended trip around the NY area....


I've always had a soft spot for these types of cards, Topps Triple Threads memorabilia that shows some kind of message on the card.  I don't collect Manny Machado, but I do like numbered cards and the color purple is also a parallel that I will never shy away from.  

Big thanks to Sue for the auction, and if you're wondering the card was packaged very well and was shipped promptly.  

Have fun with the hobby!

Robert

4 comments:

  1. You can always tell when a blogger is spending a lot of time adding things to TCDB, because their blogs always go dark for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reason why I'm not on TCDB. The main reason anyway.

      Delete
  2. Nice Machado! Inputing 700 cards is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic card, Robert - absolutely worth of its own post. Glad you've come back to post it. I've got your blog in a feed, and you're #1 due your blog's title starting with a symbol and not a letter....so I'll never miss a post of yours when you DO come back.

    ReplyDelete