Saturday, December 12, 2020

Serial Saturday #42: 90 99's

No, that doesn't mean I own 90 Wayne Gretzky cards.   It means that with my recent stack purchase from Joe who runs Cheap Cards on Twitter, my serial #'d out of 99 PC is now up to 90 cards.

I've stuck with the goal.  No purchases over $2.50.  Trades have also been a part of some of the PC as well and I have had a couple of folks send me cards for this just because.



Had no idea who Buddy Hield is.  Love the Crown Royale cards though and the blue parallel (looks purple doesn't it?) fits the serial #'d to 99 mantra.  


I'm sure that most everyone out there knows who Boomer Esiason is and this Panini Spectra base card serial #'d out of 99 cost me a couple bucks.  It's also thick as a brick, so I can burn some calories by picking it up and putting it down a few times.

Confusion reigned supreme for me with this card featuring Mitch Haniger.  Hunted for 2017 Panini Absolute, there is no such animal.  After a few minutes hunting around, I found this card as an insert to the 2017 Panini Chronicles set.  It was a buck, so the price was right though!


Where better than the Sunshine state for a bunch of orange Donruss Optic parallels to end up?  Couple were $2.50, the rest were $2 apiece and they were easy enough to enter on the TCDB.  

At least I can say that I've heard of 8 of the 9 guys on this post.  And....I keep on finding more '99s both on twitter and on ebay.  As long as they fit the bill, I'm happy....

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

 

6 comments:

  1. No idea who Buddy is either... but the rainbow prism behind the crown creates a great looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking cards, the Boomer and Buddy in particular. I'm not an NBA expert but Hield is an emerging star I believe. It's hard to tell because he's stuck on Sacramento :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've got a few /99 cards available I could send your way for a new trade one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime I come across a mystery card (happens a lot with the newer stuff), I just go to COMC and plug in the player's name and card number. Between what's currently on the site, and what's sold out, the answer can usually be found within a few seconds.

    ReplyDelete