Monday, September 24, 2018

Had me fooled

Continuing on with the effort I'm doing on updating my want lists on the TCDB, I started entering the '78 Topps set on Saturday.  So I'm clicking away.... #3, got it, #9, got it, then I notice something.

#9 says Doug Decinces on the TCDB, but my build I have Sparky Lyle.  Something wrong there, so I go back and look at #3.   TCDB says Willie McCovey Record Breakers, while my card has Cliff Johnson on it.

I find 2 others at the beginning stages of the set and I start wondering if I have pieces of a Yankees team set released by Topps back in 78.


Here are the 4 cards that had me fooled.  OK condition, corners are kind of soft but no creases.   A little research and I find out that they are from the Burger King Yankees set from '78, 22 cards plus a checklist.

Are there any Yankees fans out there that want these?  They don't fit in my collection so I'm hoping somebody gives them a good home.  Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading, Robert


4 comments:

  1. Oh man. This might be the only downside to the 1978 Topps Burger Kings sets. Outside of accidentally finding them sitting in your regular base set... they're fantastic. Better double check all of your Astros, Rangers, and Tigers too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take 'em if not already spoken for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yours Nick, will try and gather up some stuff for you...

      Delete