Saturday, September 22, 2018

Another TCDB trade in the books

I've had some good success with trades lately on the Trading Card Database site.   I finished 2 trades this week, one of them with Ben (user ID:  BenG76).  Ben sent a generous offer in my opinion, asking for 7 serial #'d cards in return for these beauties.



1984 Topps is one of those sets that I'd hoped to finish relatively quickly.  I'm roughly 2/3 of the way through the set, and still need the Don Mattingly RC as the key piece of the set.  I love looking through the early to mid 80's sets, as the players bring back so many memories of my teenage years following baseball so intently.



No sooner do I mention how intently I followed baseball in the early 80's then I see the card of Bert Campaneris in a Yankee uniform.  How do I not remember that?  So, I have to go to baseball reference to see, and sure enough the '83 season was his last as a player, at the age of 41.  He hit .322 in 155 plate appearances for the Yankees, splitting time between 2nd and 3rd.


The only player that I can honestly say I don't remember at all from this 30 card lot is Darryl Cias of the A's.  Looking at BR I can see why; he only played in the '83 season, with 6 hits in 18 ABs.  Not too shabby getting a card with that limited playing time. 

I may be able to finish this set before 2019 rolls around, but my best guess right now I probably won't make a push to complete '84 T until the new year, unless a big block of cards comes way unexpectedly.   With my luck lately, that's quite possible...

Thank you for the trade Ben, look forward to more in the future!

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. I commented on a post of Ben's on a different form, before he became a Database regular, and he just straight up sent me some stuff because he had multiples and I had nothing he wanted. Good guy.

    ReplyDelete