Saturday, December 30, 2017

Inbound and Down #32: Too Many Verlanders


Those of you who follow Dennis' Too Many Verlanders blog know that he sent out a boat load of packages just before Christmas time.   The other day I was fortunate enough to become one of the lucky recipients, as a large priority envelope jammed my mailbox!!

By the way, I'm just curious, now that Justin Verlander is in Houston, will the blog become Too Many Cabreras?  Inquiring minds want to know...

The big portion of the envelope is what you see in the photo above.  Dennis is thinning out his Beckett magazine collection, and sent me 5 that featured Blue Jays covers from back in the 90's!  While I loved getting them (and have display ideas already, thanks to my better half), it was quite depressing looking at the prices of vintage sets 20 years ago.  Oh if I only had the forethought (and the $$) back then, my collecting process would be a lot different today.

Needless to say, the Beckett's weren't the only item in the envelope.  There were a trio of Joe Sakic cards, unfortunately I already own two of them.   The third one I have already posted on my other blog, and it was a good one (Donruss Press Proof, limited to 2000 copies!). 

The big chunk of the card goodness is a boat load of serial numbered cards for the SNIH set.  Dennis was a great contributor to the baseball version, and the hockey side became a lot bigger thanks to this super lot of cards.

Today, I'm going to show off the cards that did not come from Pacific brands...


What's great about this group of 9 is that I've heard of every one of these players.  A lot of the serial #'d cards so far that I've picked up is of rookies that never got more than a cup of coffee in the league, so seeing some more established players is great. 

I think Dennis found a vein of serial #'d cards somewhere as I have over 20 more to show off, which I'll do in the next post. 

Thank you very much Dennis for the very generous envelope, it is really appreciated!!

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment