Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Two for the price of 1 and a quarter

Pat did it again.  Out of the blue, 2 envelopes arrived in my mailbox yesterday.

Oddly enough, instead of the usual pair of PWE's that Pat sends me, I received a bubble mailer and a PWE.

Sorry Pat, I have to say this.  Remember, this statement is coming from the guy who claims insanity on a regular basis.

A bubble mailer and a PWE on the same day?

I know, I know.  Never look a gift horse in the mouth, especially one that has been very generous to me as Pat has been.  None the less, this prompted an interesting conversation between me and the Mrs.

Near as we could figure out, Pat mailed out the bubble mailer full of these...


  
And realized later that he forgot to include these...

My scanning skills hard at work
See, I knew that getting that Blue Jays list up early would pay dividends!!  These 5 cards complete my 1990 Blue Jays team set.   Nice!

So, for the price of one bubble mailer plus a postage stamp (which is a little less than a quarter of a bubble mailer), I have one team set completed, and I'm now down to 5 cards for the 2014 Topps Series 1 set.  (40,171,179,197,280)

Pat, as always, thank you very much!   The cards really are appreciated.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment: