Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Orange birds & blue birds

It's not too often that 2 dozen cards can produce 3 posts, but that's what I'm going to get out of the great envelope that Alex from Chavez Ravining sent me last week.

With the slow down on the serial numbered insanity set lately, Alex got my interest piqued again with the 4 cards he sent me.  What was so great about these 4?  One was from my favorite team, and the other three were from the team I thought might never hit the halfway point.

Let's start with the 3 Orioles that he sent.

Serial # 84

This might be one of the best names in the 1500 card set!!  Chance Sisco, how awesome is that name.  Even better is the fact that this card is serial numbered 84, which brings the number of 2-digit serial numbered cards I need to 3  [EDIT:  A little updating and I actually need 4 double digit cards, which shows that when I trade a card, I need to remove it right away].  Chance is the 23rd card out of 50 for the Orioles.

Serial Number 912
For some reason, every time I see Jim Johnson's name, I automatically confuse him with Josh Johnson.  I kind of wish the Jays had this Johnson the past two seasons....101 saves!!  Great numbers with the Orioles, and now he finds himself in the wild west with the A's.

Johnson is the 24th card for the O's...

Serial # 1211

How often do you see two players on the same card whose last names end in "ino".  Every time I see a double play card I think of GCRL, it's almost ingrained in me now....

Andino finally gets the O's to the halfway mark!!  25 out of 50 is where they stand, only 1 card behind the Rockies.

Serial # 679

That's a beauty, eh!  Had to get a different bird on the board, and what better choice than Jose Reyes.  I'm praying he stays healthy this year (I hear he has either had an MRI, or going to have one...here we go again).  Reyes is the 45th card out of 50 for the Jays in the set.

These 4 bring the total up to 1098 out of 1500, or 73.2% complete. 

Alex, thank you for the great additions to the insanity set, they are much appreciated!

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the cards! I'll keep an eye out for more serial-numbered insanity for you.

    ReplyDelete