Friday, July 19, 2013

You never know what you'll miss until you look closely at a card

One thing that I've learned over the past 2 years is to look closely at a card, because you'll never know what you'll miss.

This might be the most boring card you'll see on the blog today, but it still struck me as interesting for the irony (if you can call it that).

I bought this 1970 Topps checklist as part of a lot a while ago.  I took another good look at it, and I decided that you should "check" it out.

Here's the front:

Clean as a whistle, corners in OK shape, a nice looking front for a 43 year old checklist card.

Take a look at the back:

The only mark on the entire card, is beside card 244, the checklist for the 3rd series.

I wonder if the person who owned this card previously knew that this was card 128, not 244.

OK, so it struck me as funny....

Thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. Maybe the kid was only a checklist collector.. a very sad, boring kid. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look again it is the 2nd Series Checklist, on the back card 244 is the checklist for 3rd series. makes sense if you think about it. The kid however probably only checked off which checklists they had, or thought it was the same checklist.

    ReplyDelete