Thursday, July 25, 2013

Will the real '64s please stand up!

It's the final night of my road trip, and I'm starting to get a little road weary.  I guess that's what happens when you go several months in between business trips.

Now, I was very excited to see the amount of vintage at last weekend's card show that I saw.  There was not a great deal of new stuff in the display cases, which meant it was going to be easy to shop around and find bargains.  (Speaking of bargains, you still have about 30 hours to guess how much I spent on a '64 Willie Mays here..)

The scan proves what happens when you're trying to do things quickly, the right hand side of the scan got a little cut off.  But for the most part, the cards are in nice shape for '64s.



I was happy to get the Don Zimmer card for a buck as well.   There were a grand total of 22 '64s that I brought home on the weekend, including the Mays.



What made me the most happy is that I 'm now over halfway to completing the set.   I have 308 out of the 587 cards that make up the set, which translates to about 52.5% completion.  My goal at the beginning of the year was to be at the 60% mark for this set, that means I still need to pick up 44 more cards to hit that goal.

I like my chances, especially if I keep finding bargains like I did last weekend.

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Great pickups, especially the "Real" Frank Thomas. He led the '62 Original Mets in homers, dontcha know! I most definitely have to get a copy of that bad boy for my binder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me a few vintage cards over this glossy new stuff any day! Great pickups Robert.

    ReplyDelete