Friday, July 19, 2013

To Ginter, or not to Ginter. That is the question.

I really did have a blast last summer participating in Gint-A-Cuffs IV.  I'm torn as to whether I will participate in the fifth rendition of this tournament.

While I'm absolutely positive that I will not come close to beating the box topper I pulled last year ( I promised no more scans, you'll have to check for yourself as a reminder), I rather enjoyed tallying up the cards as I pulled them.

It actually kept me off the streets for 4 days.....

There are those that like the relics, there are those that couldn't care less about them.  I rather like the orange relics from 2010 myself



For some reason, the border really appeals to me, it would have even better if this swatch was orange instead of black.

Beggars can't be choosers I guess.  At least I still have a couple of weeks to decide if I want to defend my 6th place finish from last year.

I'll let you know.

Thanks for reading, Robert

5 comments:

  1. I'm in the minority, but I love the orange-framed A&G relics. The black borders they used for relics last year were boring and awful. Boooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. That Gwynn autographed box topper is awesome!
    B. Huge fan of all framed relics.
    C. The orange frame goes perfectly with Markakis' Orioles jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I appreciate the contrast of the black relic and the orange border, I must agree : Orange relic would have been the greatest!

    Still a great card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Markakis relic is one of the favorites that I own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prize for GAC this years is 3 boxes of A&G, definitely worth playing.

    ReplyDelete