Thursday, May 9, 2013

Getting better with age

No, the title is not referring to me.  During last weekend's card show, I managed to pick up one single solitary jersey card.  It's of a guy who I would say is definitely getting better with age, A.J. Burnett.

For a cheap $3, I brought home another Blue Jays relic to add to the collection, from 2008 UD Timelines:


I really like the card.  The design is clean and simple, nothing fancy about it.  It has a good picture of Burnett getting ready to snap off one of those curveballs that he's famous for.

A.J. is unquestionably the leader of a very young Pirates team, one that is truly starting to believe that it can win.  All the Pirates really need is some stability in their rotation, and they could contend in the NL Central sooner rather than later.

Maybe you'll be seeing guys like Gerrit Cole and Jameson Taillon before too long on the blog...

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment