Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sometimes good things come in threes

I had a plan heading into the weekend show.  The one main goal was to complete the 1977 Topps set, you know the one which I only required 9 cards to finish. 

I only managed to pickup 3 of them.  These 3 were cards that could have taken chunks out of my wallet, but thankfully didn't do too much damage.

A couple of solo cards of Hall of Famers, and a team photo with a few Hall of Famers in it as well.  These 3 cards cost me less than 5 bucks total, which is good enough for me.  Only six to go to complete the '77 set, including the Fidrych RC.

Now these next three cards would have been normally well down any card show list, but for some reason they caught my eye, and for $2 they made their way home with me.


Three Leafs cards from the 70-71 Topps set.  I rarely come across anything like this when I hit the monthly card show, but when I saw these I knew I had to have them.  The Gamble is creased quite a bit, and in essence was really a throw in.  The other two are in decent shape and all 3 will add to my Maple Leafs collection quite nicely.

Still a lot more to show off, I'll keep posting them over the next few days for you.

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. And here I thought I was going to see a Joel Plaskett reference....

    Still those are a good pair of triples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thought upon seeing the '70-'71 Maple Leafs cards?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

    ReplyDelete