Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Red, White, Blue, Green, Pink, Slate and Camo that is 2013 Topps

I'm sure that I have probably missed a color or two, but the rainbow that is the 2013 Topps parallel universe is a wide one.

The sad thing is, I like them all.  I've owned a copy of each color save for the pinks, and I think that they work well with the design.

Now, the work begins on obtaining the Jays team sets for some of the colors.  I doubt that obtaining full team sets for the pink, slate and camo parallels are going to be within reach of my wallet, so maybe owning one or two of each of those colors is probably a more realistic target.

On the other hand, Wal Mart blue, Target red, base set white and emerald green are all in my sights.  They are going to be added to the want list today.

I have all but 2 of the base set white cards, and have exactly half of the blue and red parallels.  As far as the greens go, I only have the Colby Rasmus (what is it with me and Colby this year, he seems to be following me around...) so I need 11 more of those.

Here are the blues that I have so far:


Here are the reds:


The only other parallels that I own are the green & slate of Colby Rasmus. 

I'm probably going to pick up some more packs of Series 1 before it's all said and done, so hopefully I'll be able to get a few more cards that will help out with trades as well.

Keeping the want list for Jays cards down to more modern releases seems to be the way to go for me now.  It's just a lot easier to manage, and whenever I want to start looking for older team sets, I can just post my want list for those one by one.

Got any that I need?  Email, comment, both are good....

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. I have the J.A. Happ Gold if you're going after those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, I have accumulated a few extras in my own journey to fill binder pages with blue/red/purple, emerald/gold/blue slate and camo/black/pink Blue Jays.

    I'll give your wants a look once the dog gets off my lap.

    ReplyDelete