Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Masterpieces illness continues

Good Wednesday evening to you all, I hope that your week is going well so far.

You may remember about 2 weeks ago I posted my growing addiction to the 2008 UD Masterpieces jersey cards.  If you don't, you can see the post here.  If you read then (or are reading now), you know that the cheap ass in me said that in order for me to make a realistic effort of collecting all the jersey cards from that set, I would have to start finding a bunch of them priced at 99 cents apiece.

Well....I got somewhat lucky last week...

Carlos Lee, 99 cents:

Add caption

Erik Bedard, 1 penny less than a dollar...

Derrek Lee, 3 quarters, 2 dimes and 4 pennies...

Freddy Sanchez, .75 Euros (at today's exchange rate...)

Jered Weaver, yep...99 cents

Total of the lot, $4.95 + $3.50 shipping....can't beat that with a stick.

That gives me 10 now.  79 left to complete the set...what do you think??

Maybe someone out there can teach what the word 'focus' means....

It's a disease, I swear to you.

All I know is, the more cards I've discovered lately ('64 Topps, '08 Masterpieces, etc etc), the more I've enjoyed collecting, and writing about the hobby.  The completist in me knows that I've really got to focus on getting the sets I'm working on completed. 

2 comments:

  1. God speed on your journey good sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Masterpieces. I like to think I had a little something to do with your probl..er, passion.

    ReplyDelete