Sunday, March 18, 2012

11-12 Upper Deck Hockey series 2

Along with the 6 packs of Heritage I busted yesterday, I picked up a jumbo pack of 11-12 Upper Deck Hockey Series 2.  There were a few cards that caught my eye.

You may remember me posting a while back about the Pascal Dupuis error card in Series 1.  Upper Deck strikes again!!  This error was spotted quickly as well, however this time it wasn't the stats that were incorrect:

I've never spelled Upshall with a G

Somehow they confused Scottie Upshall with defenseman Jason Garrison.  Now if you look at the back of the card, you'll see that Scottie doesn't even have a beard, he's as baby-faced as they come:

No whiskers here

At least they got the back right.  It's not too often that I catch errors on cards, but for me to catch one on both series, you know that Upper Deck made some pretty bad mistakes.   Anyhow, onwards...

The Canvas parallels are back for series 2, and I pulled a Jacob Markstrom out of the pack:

I love the feel of these cards, reminds me a bit of the way the Masterpieces cards are textured.  Good Stuff.
I also pulled a couple of inserts as well...

The Brad Park Hockey Heroes card on the left was cool, I loved that they used a black and white photo from the 60's.  The card on the right is a Mika Zibanejad O-Pee-Chee card, #612.  I love the design, which mimics the 33-34 OPC V304A set. 

I'm sure I'll be going after this set as well, I'll just end up mixing it in with all the other sets/projects I've got going on as well.   Keeps me out of trouble.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Park lost out to Bobby Orr 4 times. Orr won the trophy 8 years in a row.

    ReplyDelete