Monday, August 22, 2011

Wondering if the Blue Jays actually play in Indianaland

Good evening all, hope that you made it through your Monday OK.  Got two more trade packages in the mail today, one of them was for a trade I made at the Bench website, and another was a "trade" per se from Darren at the Indianaland blog.  I came home to a bursting at the seams bubble mailer, and it will full of Blue Jays, 67 to be precise!  To be honest, I loved the lot  because it had a lot of variety of years and card makers, plus it brought back a lot of memories of the great Jays teams from 85-92.
Mixed bag of Blue Jays history here



































Looking at some of these names, not great players, but guys that were team players and each contributed in their own way.  Ernie Whitt caught for years in a platoon with Buck Martinez, big Cecil Fielder started in Toronto before moving to Detroit and hitting 50+HR one year(just think about the string of first basemen that the Jays have had...Willie Upshaw, Fielder, Carlos Delgado, Fred McGriff, now Adam Lind).  Tom Henke was the closer for the great Jays teams in the mid 80's, Candy Maldonado was a deadline pickup in 91 for the Jays and patrolled left field for a couple years.  Kelly Gruber was the first 3rd baseman to play the position full time for Toronto since Roy Howell in the late 70's....and Mike Huff???  I'd forgotten about him, I think he only played for Toronto for a season and a Huff (insert groan here...).   This also brings up my Blue Jays count to almost 170 for my LTP, should have no problem hitting my goal of 250 unique cards by years end.

Darren also hooked me up with some more set needs from '10 & 11' topps and a couple A&G's as well, PLUS another diamond parallel...I must tip my hat, THANK YOU very much for the trade, I'll be on the lookout for some cards to send your way. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the comment, and since I don't have your email I'm giving one back (and I'm following you now, plus I put you on the blogroll, as I do with all my followed blogs). I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't stand some of Beckett's finest.

    ReplyDelete