Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 1

OK, well I have spent the past 3 to 4 weeks getting back into the hobby, and for me that means making trades and building sets.  Unfortunately, I cannot spend like I used to, so I hemmed and hawed about what to do.  So, I looked at quite a few blogs, and saw what people were doing there, and I figured that if they can do it, so can I.  As you can tell, this blog is very rough (my computer skills still aren't the greatest).  But, over time I will try and learn what others are doing, as well as experimenting to find out what I am able to do as well.

I also wanted my own little niche, something that made my blog unique from the other card blogs that are out there (and wow are there a lot of card blogs, and some very good reading as well).  For me, fitting cards into my budget so my wife doesn't give me grief, and I so don't blow the utility bill $$, I decided to keep my spending to $30 a week, cumulative.  What I will do over the course of the next few weeks/months/years, is keep track of my spending on this blog, as a way of showing myself and others in the collecting community that I can do this. 

For example, Week 1 so far (my weeks will run from Saturday to Friday...you will also learn over time that I LOVE my weekends), I have spent $21.70 on the hobby.  This consists of:

$19.99 for a 2011 Allen & Ginter blaster box at Wal-Mart
$1.71 for postage on a trade with Chris over at Nachos Grande for some 2011 Topps base cards to complete my set. 
Now what I am going to do is allow myself to carry over money, that is if I don't make any more trades or purchases this week, the $8.30 will carry over into next week.

Hopefully I'll get some followers (or at least some views), and get to talk to more of the collecting community over the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment