Saturday, August 6, 2011

Why I just can't identify with football players, and thus likely will not buy any football this year

Don't get me wrong, I love football.  Sunday afternoons in my recliner, Steelers game on the tube (or whatever game may be on), I'm there.  But the last few years just have kind of turned me off to collecting football cards.  Now anyone who knows me that I don't normally collect teams, I just build base sets.  But, if there were any sport that would be best for me to collect team players, it would be football.  But the passion for me to do this is gone. Players move around in football more than any of the other major sports (yes, free agency is a good thing, but for some, it's just a little too nuts), and when they do, it's hard for me to build something of a team set when you see new players on your team all the time.

Take for example, these 5 players from the 2006 Topps Football set.  3 of them are already on new teams (Holmes, White and Johnathan Joseph), and the other two (Drew and Hester) will surely move when they hit free agency. 








Who knows, maybe I'll relent and work the 2011 Topps football base set, but as of right now, my interest in it(and football cards) is declining...Maybe somebody somewhere can point me in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment