Thursday, July 4, 2013

You wonder if the White Sox knew something

I got this card in the mail earlier in the week from Pat over at Hot Corner Cards, and it made me do a little research.

Anyone out there remember Sergio Santos?


So, I take a look at the card and think to myself, "this is a series 2 card, and is this guy even with the Jays anymore?"  I have barely heard his name all season, so I had to do a little digging to find out what is going on with him.

Turns out that Sergio had surgery back in May to clean out some bone chips in his elbow. 

The Jays picked up the White Sox closer back in the 2011 off season for Nestor Molina, who is currently pitching in AA for Chicago.  Makes me wonder how the Jays got him on the cheap after a 30 save season two years ago.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Sox knew that this guy was damaged goods.  11 games, 9.2 innings pitched since the beginning of last season. Sergio turns 30 today, and you have to wonder where his career is headed if he can't stay healthy.

Then again, with the state of the Jays pitching staff the past two seasons, he kind of fits right in....

Thanks for the PWE's Pat!!

Thanks for reading, Robert


No comments:

Post a Comment