Friday, August 5, 2011

The end of week 1 and some interesting cards (well, at least I think so...)

Well, here it is Friday, and the end of week 1 in my great experiment to see if I can stay within a weekly budget of $30.  So far, so good because I stayed under by spending $21.70 this week.  Nothing special planned for this weekend, so I may start hunting for trades on other blogs or on The Bench.  Now, on to other things...

Have received some interesting cards from Topps over the past two years in their card giveaway "lottery".  The three that you see scanned below were obtained last year, and to me were an interesting way of piquing my interest in older cards without having to buy any.

All 3 cards were off center, and have corner and edge wear, but for the price of postage, have become a fun part of my collection.














Now, on to an interesting card I found with my collection of hockey jersey cards.  This winning combos combos card from 2007/08 SPx hockey is a dual swatch of Ales Hemsky/Dwayne Roloson from the Edmonton Oilers.  Last I remember, their team colors were copper and blue, and yet here we have an example of a Green swatch on the Roloson side.   Oops!!













I used this card to introduce the fact that I love hockey most of all, and come the fall will be blogging a lot more about it, especially the highs and lows of my favorite team, the Toronto Maple Leafs (yea, I know).  Hopefully this year they will make the playoffs for the first time since the lockout, cause I'm tired of not following hockey seriously after the 2nd week of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment