Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Stacks


I responded to a post a few weeks ago on the APRSmith's Sportscard Obsession blog about Adam wanting to move some cards.

I raised my hand and asked for some 82, 83 and 84 Topps starter lots if they were available.

Adam went to town.  Then some.  The stack of Blue Jays on the left wasn't even close to being the biggest pile of cards as you can plainly see.

I put about 100 of the '89 Upper Deck cards away (the clean white pile) before taking this picture.

You can see where my keyboard is on the right, it's actually been tough typing this post while not disturbing the stacks on my left.

The stack that I'm most excited about is the '70 Topps (2nd from the right).  That's 61 cards that I wasn't expecting which put a nice dent into that vintage set.  I actually toyed with the idea of abandoning the '70T build a few months back, but for some reason I persevered and now I'm over a third complete thanks to this lot.

The '84 Topps set is going from 18 cards in hand to about 18 cards left on the list (I don't know that yet, I'm just exaggerating to make a point) thanks to the giant stack 4th from the right.  '85 Topps also takes a big hit with the pile to the left of the '84.  There's also nice stacks of '79, '80 and '83 Topps as well.  I put all those want lists on the blog in the past couple of months thinking it might be a couple of years before I finish the run of Topps sets between 1978 and 1985.  Now I'm thinking it might happen by the end of the 2018 baseball season.

My guess?  My want lists just took about a 1500 card hit from this mailer that Adam sent.

Adam, there is no way I can thank you enough for the time and effort you put in to combing my want lists, it is truly appreciated!! (believe me, Adam had to have done a ton of work on this)

Time to hit Amazon to order some binders...

thanks for reading, Robert

6 comments:

  1. That is quite a haul! Have fun with it, and let us know how many cards Adam knocked off your wantlists.

    I don't have any spare binders but I've got about 200 9-pocket pages I can send your way. They're used but in good shape. Let me know if you need 'em and maybe we can work out a trade or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got them and glad you like them. If you have looked through my blog you can tell I am a fan of want lists and I enjoy being able to knock cards off other people's want lists as well. Enjoy bindering up those sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about asking him for a couple of sets and/or starter sets, but I never did. It looks like quite a package!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen heaven, and it is your card desk right now(!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got spare white or solid color binders 3-4" D rings. They're not cheap to ship, but may be cheaper than buying new ones retail. Email @ QAPLAGCA at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adam hooked it up. By the way... it's time for me to order some more binders on Amazon too.

    ReplyDelete