Monday, February 26, 2018

Resurrecting the old and starting the new

Just a quick post tonight, I'm working on day 3 of a head cold that has sapped a fair bit of my energy.  I've been thinking off and on lately about adding a couple of more player PCs, and with a bit of extra time today to think about it I decided to pull the trigger.

Quite a while ago I started putting together a nice little collection of Mats Sundin cards.  I always enjoyed watching him as a Leaf, he really was the center of the team for better than a decade and was well deserving of having his #13 sent to the rafters a couple years ago.


I don't have a great deal of cards featuring Sundin (just over 60), and this 97-98 Black Diamond triple diamond Premium Cut is probably one of the "tougher" pulls I have in the collection.  I don't have a lot of parallels  that were rampant in the later part of the 90's and into the 2000's, so it will be fun picking those up here and there when I find them. 


Anybody who has read my blog over the years knows that John Olerud is one my favorites.  I pulled these two out of a big stack of Jays that I still have to go through from Adam, and I'm sure once I get through the entire collection and have it sorted I'll have enough doubles to get a good collection of Olerud going.  I doubt if I have any Mets or Mariners cards that feature him, so if you are inclined to send any Olerud cards my way, those would be the best bet.

It'll be nice to add a couple more of my hometown heroes to my player PC collections; I probably should have done it sooner.

Thanks for reading, Robert

4 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of Sundin cards and other Leafs stuff I could trade. Lots of Leafs/Jays cards and memorabilia from the late 90's-early 00's, including a fairly large (and mostly sealed) plaque I dont have any room for. E-mail me if you're interested (sutherlandct @ gmail.com) and I'll give you a list of what cards (and other things) I have for trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head colds suck. I hope you feel better soon. Sundin is one of my favorite non-Sharks from the 90's. I've thought about starting a PC of him, but I'm already going after Modano, Kariya, and Brodeur.

    ReplyDelete