Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Inbound and Down #29: Diamond Jesters

I only recently found the Diamond Jesters blog, and that was largely due to a trade I made with its writer, Matt.  Check it out when you have a moment, Matt is a Red Sox fan and writes haikus!

Shamefully, I was brutally slow on returning my end of the deal, but Matt was gracious about it and I actually have sent him a 2nd envelope today with a couple of more cards that I hope he can use.

Matt proposed a 1 for 1 trade, but in the end he sent me 4 cards, all worthy additions in their own way.


I'm sure I have a few copies of the '89T Lloyd Moseby card, but none with the rediscover Topps gold foil emblazoned on them!!   Still a good conversation piece and starter to the envelope.


2 things I would love to see from Troy Tulowitzki in 2018. 

  1. Stay healthy.  66 games in 2017 was a killer to the team, even though Jays fans may have seen the beginning of the shortstop of the future for the club, Richard Urena.
  2. Get that hitting stroke back.  Troy is hitting combined .250 during his tenure in Toronto, and if we can see him get back close to the .300 hitter he was in Colorado, that would certainly help.

A little gold never hurts!  I believe that this is the first gold card from 2017 for my Jays collection.  Devon Travis is another player that the Jays need to stay healthy in order for the offense to get rolling again.


Finally, this is the card that was originally offered, the Josh Donaldson 2017 Optic base card.  Topps Chrome without the logos, right?  Still it's a good card of the Jays best player right now, so I love having it in the collection.

Matt, thank you for the trade, the cards are appreciated!  My apologies again for the slowness of sending you my end, hopefully the envelope I mailed today helps a little with that.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like the cards! A second envelope wasn't necessary, but it's definitely appreciated!

    ReplyDelete