Wednesday, June 11, 2014

This, that, and another thing or 2

Whilst working hard (pffft) on the 60s Topps checklists this weekend, I failed to notice that I accomplished a partial goal from my New Years Day post.  The cards that I picked up at last month's show towards the '68 Topps set put me over the 20% goal for the set, leaving me a little more free to work on the other two parts of the vintage set building goal that I'd like to accomplish.



Since the '68 set was bounced out of the "What's next?" tournament during the play in match, you probably will not see any cards from the set such as this Ted Uhlaender stuffed cheek beauty in the near future.  By the way, if you haven't voted on this week's match (59 Topps vs 66 Topps), why not?  Click on the link and cast your vote before Friday evening!

Next up, the beat up cards that I offered up the other day...namely the '71 Topps lot.


I had 3 responses requesting these.

Max, I found a couple more off center cards (though not quite as bad as the other two I displayed).  I'll get them in an envelope for you this week, hopefully with a few more Mets cards to pad the stack.

Chuck Bartz and Gavin, my plan is to split the remainder between you two.   Chuck, since you've started a set already, do you have a list of what you already have, so I don't send you any doubles?  Once I get that put together, I'll get the rest out to Gavin.  I'm hoping to get these out this weekend if possible, so please let me know as soon as you can.

Next up is another card from an envelope I received last week from Matt at Bob Walk the Plank (his end of the trade is linked).  I basically listed the cards I had for Matt, and requested that he send back what he thought was fair.

Damn, this guy treats his peeps well, because my envelope was a handful of relics/autos, including this Anthony Gose auto.


To be honest, I am not a huge fan of GQ.  I've had a passing interest at best.  But I like this card.  Love the shades, and the dark blue Jays unis are always a favorite of mine as well.  The signature....well, it's interesting to say the least.

I can see the start of Anthony on the left, but on the right, I think that's a fish hook?  Anyone have any minnows?  No matter, I still love the card and I appreciate Matt for sending it my way!!

I'm hoping that a Sportlots order that I placed on the weekend comes in during the next day or two, because when I do receive the cards, I'll be able to check off another 2014 goal. 

Fingers crossed....

thanks for reading, Robert

8 comments:

  1. "Since the '68 set was bounced out of the "What's next?" tournament during the play in match, you probably will not see any cards from the set such as this Ted Uhlaender stuffed cheek beauty in the near future. "


    [sad face]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sent you the list of cards that I have through email. Thanks alot for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuck, I didn't see an email. Send that list if you can to rmitchell6700 at yahoo, along with your address, and I'll get those cards out to you ASAP. thanks,

      Delete
    2. I just sent the info to the correct email. The other went to a gmail address.

      Delete
  3. Cool! I'm looking forward to working on a "condition insensitive" 71 set! Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I gotta get some cards of players rocking the chaw! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After Sochi, every time I see a Ted Uhlaender card I think of his Skeleton-racing daughter Katie.

    ReplyDelete