Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Seeing Red

If my count is correct, there are a baker's dozen Blue Jay cards in 2013 Topps Series 1, not including the 2 out of bounds short prints.  Not too long after the flagship was released, I was able to document the first handful of Wal-Mart blue parallels of Jays that came my way (5 in total).  I also grossed a couple of people out by showing off the Emerald Green Colby Rasmus parallel in stunning size and clarity.   Sorry about that....

Now, I get to show off 6 Target red parallels that I've been fortunate enough to receive.  First, 3 of them from Pat over at Hot Corner Cards, who has quickly become a great supplier of blue bird cards for me.



Hechavarria was one of the over 100 players involved in the Jays-Marlins rape during the winter.  The other 2 cards are the regular base (not SPs) of Lawrie and Davis.   Anyone know if they are issuing the SPs in the bordered variations as well?

Next up, a trio of hurlers from the master of the 10 cent card....Dime Box Nick


Brandon Lyon is a member of the Mets staff now, and throwing fairly well for them in spring training so far.  Happ is a nice piece of insurance just in case one of the Jays starters is injured, or struggles like Romero did last year.  I do hope Ricky returns to his old form, because if he does there aren't many 5 man staffs that compare to Toronto's. 

Sorry for the quick post, I'm up at 4 am tomorrow.....work really does get in the way sometimes.

Pat/Nick, thank you both for the cards....as always they are very much appreciated.

thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. You are very welcome, Robert, glad everything arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no colored variations of the SPs, thank God.

    ReplyDelete