Thursday, March 14, 2013

From 4 to 2 to 1 to done

The 2008 UD Masterpieces adventure is over.   The set was finally completed today.  The last 4 cards of the set that I needed were all SPs, and arrived at my doorstep within the past 3 weeks.

First, a couple of ebay auction wins provided a couple of great catchers, Carlton Fisk and Johnny Bench:


When I was down to 2, I received one of the two from Pat at the Hot Corner Cards blog, Ryne Sandberg:


When I got down to 1, I hit eBay running, and within 4 days, Bob Gibson showed up on my doorstep, in a PWE no less...


Great cards indeed.  That's the 23rd set completed since I started the blog, and also means that one of the Fab Five has been completed.

I finally decided to add a hockey set to the Fab Five, the 99/00 UD MVP silver signature parallel set.  I only need 9 more to complete that set, hopefully that task will not require a year or two to complete.

thanks for reading, Robert

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! All I need for this set are #'s 94 and 110. I'll get em someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Robert! 2008 Masterpieces is a beautiful set. That Gibson is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, one of the nicest sets in my view !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome,congrats! I need a few more SPs to complete this set too, so maybe I should get around to it.

    ReplyDelete