Monday, July 28, 2014

$10,950

One of the great things about writing this blog is the enjoyment I've received out of poking fun at myself.   If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at, right?

About a month ago, I caught the Night Owl in a typo (yes, it even happens to the great ones) when he stated that my blog was named $30 a day habit.  Greg even had some fun laughing at his typo not too long afterward in his viewer mail post.   The dream sequence portion of that post really gave me a good laugh, but it also made me think about what I really could do with that kind of money dedicated to the hobby. 

I didn't think about it for too long, and moved on.

Once again today, this little slice of insanity that I write was the "victim" of another typo.   The same typo occurred again, only this time on Commishbob's blog, '59 Topps:  one f/g card at a time.  (Note to Bob, thank you very much for the plug!!).  Right in the first paragraph no less.  Here's the quote if you don't want to link over...

Come on people, I know there are some of you that still look at this blog from time to time! The Topps '59 cards are asking you to go vote for us in the "What set should I finish?" tournament on Robert's $30 A Day Habit blog!!!
(by the way, if you haven't voted on this week's match yet, go here to cast your vote)

The same typo twice in a month?  Two different bloggers?  I'm beginning to wonder if my previous spending habits have made the blogosphere brand me as an extravagant spender.  Maybe the chase of the '64 Topps set, along with other various projects going on in my collecting world have made me look like Donald Trump (I wish my hair was as good as his!).

Think about it.....$10,950 a year to spend on cards.    I would have had the '64 set done by now, and a good head start on another vintage set.  Over the time I've been blogging, that would be a little over $33K total. 

That would have bought a whole lot of color TV's...


Guys, I swear, I truly do my best to limit my spending to $30 a week.  I do go overboard on occasion, but $30 a day?  That would involve another word, something that I've already gone through once and would rather not do again...

divorce...

thanks for reading, Robert

8 comments:

  1. Yikes.... I was SO caught up in the excitement of the voting, I never checked my work. :-0




    But then again I never check my work anyway so that's nothing new. Nobody has more blog typos than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to have a little fun with that Bob...2nd time in a month!! I do appreciate you giving the tournament a push though, thank you

      Delete
  2. Don't let those guys get you in trouble Robert! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least they didn't call your blog the $30 a Year Habit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be suffering through major withdrawals if it was $30 a year Tony...lol

      Delete
  4. I forgot to mention...that Bowman Hearn card is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, the National starts tomorrow! There will be many a collector (myself included) who will blow away $30 a day for the rest of this week. (We will be slashing the rest of the months ahead accordingly in most cases too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, I will be at the National Friday and Saturday this week, and plan to spend more than a few weeks of the budget myself. If you see a guy wearing Blue & White with the #13, come and say hi if you wish.

      Delete