Thursday, August 29, 2013

Beating the odds, if you could call it that

You may or may not have read earlier today that I decided to bust my hobby box of 2013-14 OPC hockey.  Well, I got lucky and pulled an autograph.  The autographs are seeded 1:192 packs, or 1 in every 6 boxes.

For me, that's better than I usually do.  Let's take a look, shall we?


While I'm happy that I beat the odds, the first question that I asked is "who is Yann Sauve"?  I follow hockey well enough to know most everyone, but I hadn't heard of this gent.   Off to the hockey database I go...

5 games played back in 2010-11, when 4 Canuck defenseman were down with injuries.  Yikes. 

No offense Mr. Sauve, but I don't think I was as lucky as I first made myself out to be.  I guess you have to pay top dollar to get top talent for autos? 

Thanks for reading, Robert

4 comments:

  1. As long as the player has a wikipedia entry, it still counts as a hit to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That odd ball jersey number says it's a nobody in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the guy has a decent looking signature. Congrats on beating the odds.

    ReplyDelete