Saturday, August 24, 2013

#300 for the Sakic PC arrives today

Floating through eBay the other day afforded me the opportunity to pick up an older Joe Sakic parallel on the cheap.

Little did I know that this card would turn out to be # 300 for the PC. 


You may or may not know that I am currently putting together (for the past 18 years anyhow...) the regular Players Club parallel version of this set.  The platinum version, which isn't numbered but supposed to be a little more difficult to pull, just happened to fall in my lap while doing a Joe Sakic search. 

The 300 total doesn't include the jersey cards that I own of Sakic (3 so far).  I've only been counting the various base, parallel and insert cards that I have.  It actually feels pretty good to get this collection growing again. 

While browsing the same seller's other auctions, and still feeling in a "Nordiques" kind of mood, I picked up this card for the 94-95 UD Electric Ice set I'm building as well.


Getting this card of a very young looking Peter Forsberg for a fraction of the price was also a bonus.  Still a long way to go for the Electric Ice set, and these cards aren't the easiest to find at shows.

Hopefully, #400 for the Sakic PC comes a little bit quicker....

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment