Saturday, January 14, 2023

Pour some Sugar on me (and my collection)

Hopeless attempt at making a title relevant to one of the cards in this post.  But on a little binge spend a few weeks back on eBay, one of my favorite sellers The Battersbox had a big sale.  A lot of great stuff for just $1.



So I found a few cards that weren't in my collecting wheelhouse, but they made a nice addition to my collection at such a cheap price.  A pair of '59 Topps football cards were part of the purchase.  I've never heard of either player, such as Leo Sugar and....



Art Spinney of the Colts but adding them into the collection for cheap was easy.  The '59 Topps football set is just 176 cards in size, so now that I have 1/88 th of set, maybe one day I'll add some more.

I'm having fun picking up a few vintage football cards, nothing extravagant but I'm enjoying adding some new content to my collection, and the blog.

Even the wife is cracking jokes at the lack of production on the blog.  We'll see if it spurs a little more writing.


Robert

5 comments:

  1. I don't know much about vintage football, but this is a cool looking set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, vintage football...definitely cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old football doesn't do much for me, but glad to see you posting, Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the bright backgrounds used in the 59T FB set. The Bart Starr stands out in my mind with the bright pink background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was collecting this set at one time, but gave up on it a few years ago. I still like it quite a bit though.

    ReplyDelete