Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Pay attention, things happen quickly

Fellow blogger and TCDB trade partner Paul (TCDB ID: pjdionne12) offered up a trade just under two weeks ago.


A good chunk of the trade was for cards from '78 Topps


Here's more from '78, along with a couple of 81's, one 2008 UD X and one of the few remaining 2018 A&G cards that I need (I think the total is down to 13 to go).


There were a few 83's, and a trio of 09-10 Artifacts cards.  I have 2 or 3 different Artifacts sets that I added to the want list to try and hopefully finish them up. 

The funny part of this whole deal was the offer and acceptance.   Paul sent the list of cards on the offer, and I breezed through them and accepted the deal.

Neither of us noticed until after the trade was accepted that Paul had accidentally included some duplicate cards.  Paul was very classy about it, threw in a few more '78s (including the Yount, very cool!) and even put on the note he included a reminder for me to add the 4 cards to my collection, as the ones he added wouldn't automatically come off my want list.

So that's the pay attention part.


The topper of the trade was this Old Judge Jim Thome jersey card.  I haven't added anything for Jim Thome in quite a long time, so this was a welcome sight.

We've all bashed the USPS from time to time about delays, damages, etc., so this is a chance to actually give them some due when it is earned.

Paul shipped this bubble mailer on Saturday, and it arrived at my house on Monday!  Michigan to Florida.   That's PDQ.

Thanks for the trade Paul, the cards are really appreciated!  Looking forward to our next one...

Thanks for reading!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Thome... and kudos to USPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The presentation of that Thome relic sure is great, love the green border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job USPS! They make me scratch my head sometimes and other times they perform miracles.

    ReplyDelete