Saturday, January 19, 2019

The 10 per cent

A weird kind of fun that I have is when I receive a package from COMC, and spend the first 15-20 minutes after opening the package just sorting the cards.   I wound up with 4 stacks this time:

  • Larry Fitzgerald cards, which was the biggest stack
  • Modern hockey, including Joe Sakic cards for that PC
  • Older hockey, 71-72 OPC through 86-87 OPC
  • Baseball
After going through all the cards, I realized that I only ordered 14 baseball cards.   The total order was 121,  so in reality it's about 11.5% of the order, and not the 10% I quoted.

Close enough.

With this small of a pile, I thought it would be easy enough to show all of the cards in one post.  So here we go.


I bought these 3 '68s specifically to complete pages in the set.  Since I put the '68s in pages a couple of weeks ago, I find that I'm enjoying this set much more than I did when the cards were sitting in a box.

Case in point, here's the page that the Richie Allen card completed.

#'s 217-225
Doesn't hurt that this page also features Harmon Killebrew.  Still a long way to go to complete the set, but now that it's in a binder and pages, I might be more inclined to pick up cards here and there.


Cisco Carlos is the only card from the '69 set in this order.   He's pretty lonely.


Love the George Scott game action photo.  It looks as if he's popped one up on the infield.


The '74 and '76 sets have received little love from me on this blog, and that's a shame.  Both of them are over 3/4 complete, and it seems as if I've never written about them at all.  There's a slim chance that either of them might be completed this year, as the only major card that I need from the '76 set is the Eckersley RC, while the '74 set still needs the Winfield RC and a few other pricey items for completion. 

Still have to get both of these want lists on the TCDB as well.  Maybe this weekend if I have the chance...


Not much in the way of modern cards as you can plainly see.   The John Olerud card was the only baseball player PC card I picked up.   There seems to be some scarcity to Olerud cards, as I ran through the site many of the base cards were $2 and up (what's up with that?)  Still want to finish the Baseball Equipment of the Ages insert set from last year's A&G, I have 13 of them left to go (8,11,12,14,16,20,21,22,23,25,26,29,30 are the numbers if you're so inclined to check).  Would love to hear from you if you have any.

Still a lot to show off from COMC in the coming days, hopefully you'll check back....

Thanks for reading!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. If I remember, I'll have to do this with my next COMC order. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as you. 90% of my COMC purchases are baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the future posts as well! I don't do much on COMC, but would love to start.

    ReplyDelete