Thursday, October 4, 2018

Perk Me Up

One of the things I really like about Twitter is how specific you can make it.  Specific meaning you can add certain people who talk about the things you want to see on your timeline.

Start following someone that talks about crap you don't want to read about?  The mute button works fantastic. 

The major reasons that I use twitter are for sports, and for cards.  Simple.  I want fun on my down time, not stuff that's going to depress me or make me angry. 

Last weekend, my good buddy AJ from the Lost Collector turned on the Twitter card world (me especially) to a code that eBay was providing for $5 off of any transaction valued at $5.01 or more.

PERKMEUP was the code.

Immediately I went hunting for Joe Sakic cards.  $5 off of a nice limited parallel would help the Sakic collection.


2001/02 Pacific Atomic gold die-cut parallel.  It's a shame that Beckett doesn't list Pacific in their monthly guide, so I have to use COMC as a rough estimate.   The red parallel version (#'d to 290) of this card on COMC is right at $5.25, so I think I did OK with this purchase as....


the gold parallel is #'d out of 200.  The seller had this up for $5.99 with free shipping, so after the $5 Perk Me Up discount, I got this card for 99 cents.

Can't beat that with a stick....thank you AJ!

Thanks for reading, Robert

5 comments:

  1. Was surprised and glad it helped so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be the first time I actually regret not being active on Twitter. Nick purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got your package the other day and just finished updating the want list last night. Thank you very much Mark!! Post is coming soon

      Delete
    2. Sorry it took so long to ship it. Better late than never, right? :)

      Delete
  3. Saw you had liked/retweeted this last week, and it worked for me, too! :-) Thank you!
    http://royalsandrandoms.blogspot.com/2018/10/im-white-guy.html

    ReplyDelete