Sunday, July 22, 2018

Nines


Got my package of winnings from Daniel at the It's like having my own card shop blog yesterday.  A fine envelope of goodies indeed.  The scan above features all kinds of colors, and one card that if you asked if it had any color you'd say negative.

All the 2010 Opening Day blue parallels are numbered, very nice.  For me, if the negative parallels were numbered there might be more excitement around them.   It's definitely a different idea for sure, but for me it's nothing to get excited about.


Daniel even sent me my own Paul Goldschmidt starter pack of nine cards.  OK, if you're looking closely it's 8 plus a double, but it's a nice thought so we're not going to split hairs here.   Love the Topps Finest card at the bottom center BTW.


Daniel spotted on one of my posts recently that I had started a John Olerud collection but I really didn't have anything aside from the Blue Jays cards I pulled out of my collection.  So 11 cards featuring John as a Mariner are now mine.   Diamond Kings cards are always great so I immediately gravitated to that card in the bottom center.

You may have noticed the improvement in quality of my scans today.  I've figured out the software for my new scanner, and the scans are turning out great.  3 sets of nine card scans have made me quite happy.


Sometimes though, just scanning one card is enough.  Love being able to add another hit to the Jays hits page.  I don't recall seeing any Home Run Derby jersey cards before, so this is a nice add as well.

Daniel, thank you for the package, it really is appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Not sure why I sent a Goldschmidt dup. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete