Monday, May 21, 2018

Worth the price of a stamp

I'm going to try and not drone on incessantly about a 1 for 1 card trade, but there were just a couple of quick things I wanted to mention about this card below.


What I'm enjoying so far about the Trading Card Database is the network of people on there that want to trade.   I had a gentleman propose a 1 for 1 card trade in the middle of last week.  He had this Joe Sakic card that I needed, and I sent him a serial numbered Aaron Rowand card.


Yes, it's the French version of the base card, something I've needed for over a quarter of a century.

For the price of a stamp, it's mine now.  I probably could have bought it online a long time ago, but sometimes you don't want to buy a particular card for $2 when you know you can get it for much less.

I've finally got my entire Joe Sakic collection on the TCDB, all 711 cards in total.  After I finish this post tonight I'll be working on finishing the want list and hopefully finding a few more trade partners to get some more cards in.  I also have almost 1000 cards listed on my trade portion of the collection, so take a look and see if you can find something in there you're looking for.

Secondly, and more important, the speed of this trade really surprised me.  The trade was proposed and agreed to on Wednesday of last week.  We both shipped Friday, and we both received our cards today in the mail.  

My trade partner is in California.   Not too shabby for the USPS.

Thanks to 49ants for my 3rd of what hopefully is a lot of trades on the site.

Thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. I keep hearing so much good about TCDB, just haven't leaped in yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 49ants is a great trader. Whats your profile name on TCDB?

    ReplyDelete