Saturday, May 5, 2018

68 through 72, just the first portion of my COMC order

The latest order from COMC took a little more than 2 1/2 months to put together.  A good chunk of the purchase was a bulk order of '59 Topps, which I'll show on the 3rd part of this series. 

Tonight I decided to do a warm up, just a couple of scans worth of cards from the 68 through 72 Topps sets (no '71s unfortunately)


7 cards removed from the '68 want list.  There is nothing fantastic condition wise with these cards (many have noticeable creases), but I'm sure that as I go on I'll end up with more lower condition cards as I go towards the higher priced cards in the set.  I was quite happy to find an unmarked checklist for under a dollar. 


Not sure why I picked out just one card from the '72 set, but Amos Otis became part of the purchase for only 40 cents.  I hadn't bought any '70 Topps for quite a while, so a couple of more cards came home.  Interesting pattern with the cards I've bought for the '70 set; for some reason I've bought most of the cards below card #100 already, as I only need 13 more. 
The group of five '69 Topps cards actually includes a Blue Jay, as Phil Roof was the first player that the Jays acquired in their history, buying him from the White Sox during the '76 World Series.  Phil would only appear in 3 games for the Jays due to the glut that the Jays had at the backstop position (Ashby, Cerone and Whitt).

These 4 sets still have a lot of cards on their want lists and likely will not be finished for a very long time.  One good thing about this is that I can still find quite a few cards for cheap to help fill out orders on COMC. 

Next up is the hockey portion of the order, which will show off quite a few scans.  I kind of surprised myself how much I bought from so many sets; I'm already looking forward to showing them off...

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment