Friday, March 9, 2018

Inbound and Down #36: The Collective Mind

Greg from The Collective Mind blog and I have traded 3 or 4 times over the years.  He actually posted my end of the trade today on his blog.  Greg had sent me an email a couple of weeks back stating that he had some '74 and '76 Topps to send my way, which sent me scampering to find some stuff on his want list.

This also became the first trade that I've recorded on the TCDB. 

Last night's post knocked 80 cards off the want list, and so does today's.



Yes, I still miss the team photos.


Don't remember Dick Tidrow with the Indians at all; I remember him more from his time with the Yankees and in the Windy City.  Love how Ron Hunt is showing off how to choke up on the bat.  Wonder if anybody today knows how to do that.


It's kind of dizzying to think about how many different uniforms that the White Sox have had over the years.  I know that with this blue and red combo I've posted 3 different combinations over the past couple of weeks. 

I saw Diego Segui's card and it reminded of his son, David, who had a decent career with several teams, one of which was the Blue Jays.  Why I don't remember 31 games that David played in Toronto in 1999 is beyond me.  David would get traded in the '99 off season by the Jays as part of a 3 team trade that saw Brad Fullmer come to Toronto and hit 50 HRs over the next 2 years.





I only scanned about half of the '76 Topps that Greg sent my way, but looking at the scans these are a solid selection of cards. 

The facial hair on George Scott and Pedro Garcia is fantastic. 

The old style Braves uniform with the feather on the sleeve looks great.

Cliff Johnson was a bad ass long before he was a Blue Jay.

The Oakland A's green and yellow combo will always be timeless.

What better name for a baseball player than Champ Summers.  What better name for a pitcher than Heaverlo.  (don't heave her high, Heaverlo)

The commissioner needs to get a team back in Montreal.  Somehow, someway.

Bring back the C on John Ellis' hat to Cleveland, and I can reconcile with Chief Wahoo being phased out a lot easier.

Greg, what a great group of cards, thank you very much for the trade, it is appreciated!!

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment