Saturday, December 27, 2014

A new way to snipe auctions

I won an auction last Sunday for the card that I've been hunting down for a while.  What makes this story funny for me is how I acquired the card.

I spent a part of the Saturday afternoon before Christmas hunting for cards for my '64 Topps set.   I came across an auction that had a $3.99 starting bid and reasonable shipping.

So I bid on it.   And promptly forgot about it.  Completely out of my mind.

Thirty hours later, the email notification on my phone goes off, and I'm wondering what it is.

It was an ebay winner notification for this card:


I finally have my hands on card #1 of the '64 set.  It's in really nice shape, there's no markings on the card and it's only slightly off center.  With 99 cards left in the chase, I can see a little more light at the end of the tunnel. 

I'm wondering if it would just be easier to finish the '64 set if I bid on auctions and forget about them.

thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment: