Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I have my own (healthy) obsession

I was fortunate recently to be able to complete a trade with one of the better bloggers out there, Adam from the great ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession.  I had a couple of gold/emerald Giant parallels that he was looking for, and we quickly agreed to a small PWE swap. 

In the mail yesterday arrived my PWE, and inside was a nice dose of insanity.  4 more serial numbered cards towards the goal of 1500.  The total is now 1081, or just over 72 percent of the set is now in hand.

Enjoy!

Serial Number 608
A much needed Astro starts us off.  Morgan Ensberg is the 27th Astro card towards the set, keeping the Astros 3rd from the bottom as far as numbers go.  Only the Rockies and Orioles remain below the 27 card mark.

Serial Number 1405
This post is all 2004 or 2005 Topps cards.  Both of these sets are starting to grow on me a bit, largely because I haven't been really exposed to them that much, and seeing more of the cards is giving me some appreciation of the mid 00's sets.  The Wakefield is the 37th Red Sox card so far.

Serial Number 1027
Gabe Kapler becomes the 38th Red Sox card in the set.  I found it interesting that while looking up Gabe's career stats, the 2007 season was missing.   Injured?  Nope, instead he was managing a A level team for the Red Sox.  I'm sure that there aren't too many 31 year old managers anywhere in baseball.

Serial Number 1239
This is the 2nd Carl Everett card in the set, the other being the popular (with me anyhow) Expos card where he's pointing his finger right to the camera, a la Uncle Sam in the Army recruiting posters.  This card represents the 33rd card out of 50 for the White Sox.

Thank you for the trade Adam, hopefully there are more in our future!!

Thanks for reading, Robert



1 comment: